Any Sunfish owners in Lewisville, TX?

J

Jimtx

I'm thinking of getting a Sunfish. I would be sailing it on Lake Lewisville. I know the Hobie Cats sail at Hobie Point, but I was wondering if there are any Sunfish that show up there. I would like to be able to sail with people with the same boat since I'm new to sailing. I was also wondering if there is any racing for this class of boat in this general area.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Two Recommendations:

1. If you haven't already done so check in with the folks at LaVida Starships in Lewisville. They are a Vangard dealer and should know of any formal groups or "fish" related activities on Lake Lewisville.

2. I know of a group that races every Wednesday evening at Lake Ray Hubbard. You might give Chris at Mariner Sails and Watersports (in Dallas) a call. He is a "fish" owner and sometimes races with the Hubbard group and could probably give you details about that group.

Two Recommendations:

1. If you haven't already done so check in with the folks at LaVida Starships in Lewisville. They are a Vangard dealer and should know of any formal groups or "fish" related activities on Lake Lewisville.

2. I know of a group that races every Wednesday evening at Lake Ray Hubbard. You might give Chris at Mariner Sails and Watersports (in Dallas) a call. He is a "fish" owner and sometimes races with the Hubbard group and could probably give you details about that group.

I am a Sunfish owner and a member of Rush Creek Yacht Club on Lake Ray Hubbard and we have a Sunfish fleet that sails in the evenings after daylight savings time. Not much racing goin on during the winter for this fleet. There is a very active groups of Texas sailors that race at various regattas throughout the year as part of an annual circuit. Rush Creek will also be the host for th 2006 Sunfish North Amercan Championship.

There is also an active fleet at the Arlingtone Yacht Club on Lake Arlington. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Back