any sailing out in Missouri

Strumy

Well guys now that im a sr. in HS i finally think i have found where i am going to school. I just got my acceptance to Missouri State University in Springfield MO. I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a yacht club even if its not for dhingy's that is within maby an hour to an hour and a half of springfield. Any help that you can give is much apreiciated
thanks
Joe Strumolo

Lake Stockton is not too far from Springfield, and there is a lot of sailing that is done on that lake. Try the Stockton Yacht Club at www.stocktonyachtclub.com/ for more information. Lake of the Ozarks is also not too far away, however this is more of a motor boater lake. Table Rock lake is beautiful, but I'm not sure how much sailing is done there. You might need to do a little research on that one. We do a lot of Sunfish racing in Lake Saint Louis, MO, however this is a few hours from Springfield. You can find our website at www.LakeStLouisSailing.com. Good luck at Missouri State.

Joe,
Creve Couer Sailing Association (http://www.crevecoeursailingassociation.org/) is located in Creve Couer Memorial Park in west St Louis county, about 200 miles east of Springfield. CCSA is a mixed fleet of trailer sailors, everything from Thistles, Buccaneers, Lasers, Sunfish and more (about 30 different types of boats). We have 3-4 regular Sunfish sailors, hoping for a few more this year, racing nearly every other week from April to October. Check us out and good luck to you at school.

Supercub. thank you once again for you amazing knowledge of sunfish and its stuff. Ill keep the club in mind and might drop by a few times to race... its a bit far so i most likely wont be one of the "regulars" but i look forward to checking out these new waters.
thanks again!!!
joe

If you are in the area, I invite both you (Joe), and Supercub, to come join us for some Sunfish racing in Lake Saint Louis. While our regattas of late have been limited to our own members, we are looking to do some invitiational regattas in the future, so having some other sailors come test the waters and give us some feedback would be very helpful.

Pearson

Back