Any person from Barcelona ??

eozyar

Hi;
I am a amateur Laser Standart sailor who lives in Ankara, Turkey and sail at Cesme, İzmir. I have bought an old Laser Standart from a Danish old man 6-7 years ago. I have learned sailing with this sail boat and I desperatley need spare parts for my Laser boat. I am planning to make a short trip to Barcelona. Where can I find a shop selling Laser spare parts.
Anyone can help me ??
Best regards.

Enis Ozyar MD

You could try the Laser international dealer...

Sailmarket SL

Telephone : +34937533602Fax : +34937533700Email : [email protected]Address : C/narciso Monturial N/27
Villasar De Dalt
Barcelona
Spain

quite expensice site, it is placed in north barcelona, pass Badalona...
Cenutrio;
I did not understand your reply ??
Is this place expensive ? Where else I can find spare parts for Laser boat ?
How can I reach Badalona via train, bus etc.
Thank you for your help

enis

What I meant is that after leaving in the US, UK and Holland, and being a spanish native that has raced Lasers since 1986, I rather buy laser gear anywhere but in Spain. Taxes are high and Maresport has a monopoly by which, they just charge high. Stinks, really.

I bought my last Laser in Holland, where I live.

I know there are UK sites like http://www.roostersailing.com/, that ships abroad, the problem is that the british pound is always too high... Also there are places in the US that ships abroad such as http://www.apsltd.com/home.asp

Anyhow, you're best bet would be to contact the Turkey laser sailors that compete in the circuit, give them the money and ask them to get you the gear they need. There's a bunch of them racing in the Radial world's nearby Den haag right now...

Anyhow, we Europeans are being hit hard on laser gear prices compared to US or Australia, prices are so much cheeper there, the whole thing stinks!

I think there's a shoreline train going north of barcelona that may stop nearby maresport, don;t know which one though. Good luck.

another address..they may do mail order in your country that will perhaps be cheaper than buying in Europe?

Marintek Deniz Ve Yat

Telephone : +902163171010Fax : +902163175656Email : [email protected]Address : Malzemeleri Tic A S
Unalan Mah. Unalan CAD. 9/1
Uskudar
Istanbul
Turkey
give them a call and ask the price for what your after..Good as a starting point to find cheaper else where in Turkey?

Cenutrio is absolutely right about this matter with prices in Europe and US .... We in Europe, we are beaten very hard .... this happens because Laser has a certain policy on prices which affects all its dealers across Europe ... prices do not alter dramatically ....

on the other side of the ocean, it's Vanguard, which is a company completely different from Laser .... when it comes to prices of spare parts ...

I live in Greece and I buy my stuff for my Laser2 from www.backyardboats.com which is based in USA ....

they are very cheap, very friendly, very quick and they send everything right to my ... backyard !!!! in 1/2 or even 1/3 of the price of the European dealers ....

I think you should visit their site and compare prices with Turkish, Greek or Spanish prices !!!!

these people at Laser, should sometime learn what the term globalisation means ......

Back