Any Hudson River Sunfish sailors out there?

Gurdy

Guppy
I am the new owner of a '68 Fish that needs a fair amount of love & sweat before it's sailable, but I'm looking for some local sailors to sail & learn from. I'm in New Paltz a short ride from the Hudson River. Seems there was a fleet nearby (#694) but I can't find anything recent about them.
Soooo, anyone nearby?

I am located in Marlboro, NY. Currently have 1 Sunfish operational and drying out the foam of a second. I sail the Hudson out of Highland at Highland Landing (currently under reconstruction) or from one of the ramps in Poughkeepsie.
Glenn Davies

Cool I saw someone out on the Hudson Yesterday. I have some hull repairs to do on this boat, I need to clean out the garage enough to work on it!

I am the new owner of a '68 Fish that needs a fair amount of love & sweat before it's sailable, but I'm looking for some local sailors to sail & learn from. I'm in New Paltz a short ride from the Hudson River. Seems there was a fleet nearby (#694) but I can't find anything recent about them.
Soooo, anyone nearby?
I sail in Yonkers, from JFK Marina up to the Tappan Zee Bridge. I head out about 1x per week. Been doing this for about 3 seasons. My boat is an old '69 with a red/white sail.
I wish to sail from Kingston (summer house) back to Yonkers in 2013. See you out there.

I've sailed my '76 out of the Orange County park at Plum Point in New Windsor, the entrance is across from Anthony's Pier 9, but County representatives have been very crabby about boat trailers in their (our public) lot. The site was developed under the theory of increasing access to the river but, politicians being what they are, have stimied all but kayaks. If you car top you're fine. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1562799155125.72717.1389736310&type=3&theater

Back