Aluminum hull trim strip

knd.frazer

I have two hulls that I'm restoring, both need lot's of hull trim. Is there a place to get this at a reasonable price? I would like to replace it all on both.
What is my best bet ??
Thanks, Ken
[email protected]
727-432-9911 ;)

Of course the ten foot sections are easier to work with. Less joints, but the shipping on them is HORRENDOUS. Truck, versus UPS/ FEDEX ground due to the length. Check with local dealers to see if they have any around. As the older style boats get older there's less reason for dealers to stock it with it's high shipping costs. I have seen dealers that go to the factory to pick up their boats to save shipping, throw a couple of 10 foot lengths in while they are there for their customers.
Remember it's only cosmetic and doesn't have any structural purpose. We have used vinyl C channel used for auto trim to replace it on a couple of boats. We mounted it with epoxy, JMHO but it looks nicer than the aluminum, but does wear over time.
Another note: When revieting new trim, remember where your but will contact the rub rail. Lost a lot of bathing trunks and some skin from a rivet that wasn't set quite right, or worked loose. LOL

Back