ACCs - Thank you to SSA

I second that. It is fun to sail at a club where you can tell the whole club is interested and happy to have you there, and that was definitely the case. SSA did a great job! And all the food was so good.

T.U.M.

You are welcome. I am glad you all had a good time. Pass the word to all the lightweights... register for the Radial/4.7 ACC's at SSA June 6-7 !!!

a perfect regatta except the lack of numbers called out during the hour of black flag recalls. Good job SSA. See you in june for radials!

Yah I hope they use a pin boat and a mid line pin to for the line. It would have made things run a little smoother. The radials could be a lot more agressive than us full rigs. But otherwise the regatta was run very well.

a perfect regatta except the lack of numbers called out during the hour of black flag recalls. Good job SSA. See you in june for radials!

Just wondering. Is the calling of black flag violations a requirement, or a courtesy? I do remember sailing in a big event, and finding out afterwards, when the results were posted, that I was BFD :eek:

PS:There was a lengthy discussion on Sailing Anarchy not too long ago about calling numbers (yes or no) for individual recalls.

A new thread?

Just wondering. Is the calling of black flag violations a requirement, or a courtesy? I do remember sailing in a big event, and finding out afterwards, when the results were posted, that I was BFD :eek:

PS:There was a lengthy discussion on Sailing Anarchy not too long ago about calling numbers (yes or no) for individual recalls.

A new thread?

When there is a general recall with a black flag up, they have to notify the people who were over so they cannot start in the next sequence. They get a BFD for that race. Over the 3 general recalls we had, there were a total of 10 boats that they identified over (3, 3, 4). I'm assuming they couldn't get the numbers on many others calling from one side of the line.

Thanks er173716; that makes sense.

Not having been there, I was thinking about the more general situation of a Black Flag start and some boats violating Rule 30.3. No general recall.
Will, or should, the offending boats be notified during the race? Rule 30.3 is silent on that issue, it looks to me.

Typically, if there is a BF start and their isn't a general, there is a windward mark boat posting the numbers. Once this happens, the person has to leave the course ASAP. That being said, trying to read someone's handwriting on tha board while rounding with......a zillion other boats is a challenge.

No more highjacking of threads.

Thank you SSA. Wrightville Beach, whatcha got!.

See folks in NC next weekend.

Back