what age sunfish?

roger3

I have never seen one like this, it has teak trim. it's an amflite but what year?
Also i would like to add a mainsail block but it just has a hook and barely any space for it.
any suggestions?
thanks R

Attachments

• P1030777.jpg
    P1030777.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 44
I have never seen one like this, it has teak trim. it's an amflite but what year?
1969 to 1971 is about as close as I can put it..., which is it's entire production span. Predecessor to the Windflite, it pre-dates the USCG Hull ID system and no production number data was ever made public so far as I am aware. The Sunfish is unique in that respect.

I've seen them with and without the "hiking rails". Frankly, I don't see how you could re-board after a capsize without them..., at least not very easily.

Also i would like to add a mainsail block but it just has a hook and barely any space for it. any suggestions?
You'll need to cut in an access just like the one put in the aft deck to make the rudder upgrade.

There was an even earlier model, but it didn't sail too well.

Attachments

• AMFlite1.jpg
    AMFlite1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 44
It looks like the "mainsheet" control is fixed on the vertical face of the forward end of the cockpit well, if so you could install a padeye at that point and using thin kevlar or spectra line attach your mainsheet block to the padeye. You would only need a couple of loops to provide a strong enough attachment, the loops of spectra should be long enough to allow the mainsheet block to clear the height of the deck. The only issue with this solution is that the mainsheet block will be able to flop around as it won't be held upright by a spring, as is normally the case. I can't see that being a big deal, once your sailing the loaded up mainsheet will hold the block up. Many dinghies and keel boats are now using blocks of various sorts attached via loops of high tensile strength line.

Also i would like to add a mainsail block but it just has a hook and barely any space for it.
any suggestions?
thanks R

That is not a Sunfish. It is a knock off clone of a Sunfish.

Back