Visit to MBYC Race Day 03.28.04

jaeger

I wanted to thank everyone, and especially Brian Anderson for the opportunity to visit the MBYC and witness the races from an excellent vantage point. Everyone made me feel very welcome.

I met several people at lunch time, but I am sure that I did not meet all of you. I am a Capri 14.2 owner from the Philadelphia area and I normally sail on protected lakes. I have never seen another 14.2 in my area. Typically there are no more than 15 sailboats on the lakes. So you can imagine how I felt witnessing your race day!

I took over 100 digital photos of your race day (after lunch). As my small way of thanking you, I will be sending all of the photos to Brian on a CD once I return home, next week.

I am not sure if I caught everyone, but hopefully I captured the majority. I did not limit the pictures to 14.2's.

The resolution of the pictures that I will send will be much better than the one that is attached.

I am not a photographer, but out of 120 pictures there have to be a few keepers!

Again, I thank everyone for your hospitality.

Art Jaeger (from the land of gusty winds, long winters and solo Capris.)

PS. I hope you all realize how lucky you are to have a fairly constant breeze, warm weather and a great group of people with similiar interests!!

Attachments

• capri race start.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 181
Hi Art,
It was great to meet you Sunday at the club. Nice picture of the start and you said you're not a photographer. Like I said, next time your coming out this way , we'll try to get you out for a sail if not some racing!
And yes we do realize how nice it is to sail in San Diego even with that cold 78 degree air temp and fighting sun burn.

Cheers,
Richard Hoffmann
[email protected]

Back