Ullman Skelley Sails?

billym75

I understand that North is the main supplier of laser sails, but why doesn't Ullman Skelley produce laser sails. We switched from North's to Ullman Skelleys on the j105 we sail on and everyone does agree that US's are better. Most of the 105's and 24's in our fleet use US's.

Because Laser has a contract with North and Hyde. I'm sure if you went to your local Ullman loft, they could make you a laser sail if you threw enough money at em, but it would not be class legal

i wish there would be more of a choice in the sails manufactured though

If there were more choice in the sail manufacturers then I suspect you would just end up changing your complaint to: "I wish I could afford the sails that Ainslie/Scheidt/Slingsby use."

If there were more choice in the sail manufacturers then I suspect you would just end up changing your complaint to: "I wish I could afford the sails that Ainslie/Scheidt/Slingsby use."

Good point. Never thought of it that way. However, I do love my $200.00 Intensity sail and it is NO slower than a North or Hyde class sail.

Good point. Never thought of it that way. However, I do love my $200.00 Intensity sail and it is NO slower than a North or Hyde class sail.

I love my $2000, custom cut Quantum Cuben Fiber Laser sail. It is much faster than a class legal sail, and lasts longer too. They will even put sail numbers on for free if you order more than one sail! ;)

I think just about anything lasts longer than a class legal laser sail..Except maybe a J22 jib. As far as competitive shape is concerned anyway.

I think just about anything lasts longer than a class legal laser sail..Except maybe a J22 jib. As far as competitive shape is concerned anyway.

pretty much. you can get 5 years out of a new Naples Sabot sail

Back