Tiller Extentions

sailordude

hey was just wondering what everyonce favorit tiller extention is. theres tons out there.. different materials. my brother has a forspar cobra thing. its a nice carbon extention.

hey, carbon fiber is the way to go, aluminum bends easily. id suggest the "fatso" series, because its the well known brand, but i personly am asking for the Holt Allen Carbon Fiber extention its cheaper... conciderably. and i emailed them and they said it is just as good as the fatso. i know they wouldnt say its not as good, but i think that holt allen wouldnt make a foulty product.

http://www.foghmarine.com/pdf-files/catalogue/page70-71.pdf (canadian prices) (1200 mm is 47 1/4 " )

c ya

no 1 sec o ya most extentions are like 48" i think. the aluminum one that comes with the boat is alot smaller i think though.

the aluminum one is 46".and with the tiller that comes with the boat, its perfect for light winds where you have to move the the leward side... you can pass it to the other side as it JUST fits between the forward mainsheet block on the mainsheet. as if you do neing bigger, you would have to move the tiller... so bigger isnt always best = )

Back