Storage in hot conditions

StJulian

I will be storing a two year old laser unused from June through to September next year, at a club in Florida. I have been offered the use of a boat rack where it could be stored upside down.
I like the idea on the grounds of security and safety, but I am wondering if the excessive heat will cause the hull to sag, especially as it will have to be tied down tight for high winds. The other option is to leave it on its dolly right way up and tied down to the ground.
Am I right to be concerned about hull sag?

Yes! Long term upside down storage, especially where it is warm, will allow the hull to safg, expecially on either side of the trunk.

Those sections which must be convex for stiffness will soon be concave and slow as hel.

Right side up suppoerted by teh gunwales. with teh baloiler open so water cannot gather.

keep the sun off too.

Yes! Long term upside down storage, especially where it is warm, will allow the hull to safg, expecially on either side of the trunk.

Those sections which must be convex for stiffness will soon be concave and slow as hel.

Right side up supported by the gunwales. with the baliler open so water cannot gather.

Keep the sun off too.

Put a top cover on it and maybe a bottom cover, although I've seen water collect in bottom covers during heavy rains on boats stored on dollies.

Thank you Michelle.
I will have both top and bottom covers, I should have said so.
Good point about the rain. I will make sure water can escape.

Back