single hand rig for 14.2

H2oPaul

This is my first post here. I could not ask for a better Forum. Im sure glad to read the grate info you guys post on here. I'm a noobie sailor. took my 14.2 (My first boat) out about 8 times so far. I whant to learn how to single hand these boat before the summer is over If I can. Can I single hand these 14.2 with the riging lines ending at the mast? Or well i need (whant) to rig lines going aft to where I set? if the anser is rig the lines aft, How do I best go about doing these? where can I see pictures of how these is done? I was about to order some catalina 14.2 association booklet, does it show things like that in there? (by the way is this booklet worth geting if your a daysailor?and not into racing?)... If the anser is that I should be able to single hand the 14.2 with the ringing lines ending at the mast, then Im at a lost at how I well get these done. I hope I can learn how to do these. I'm sorry for my spelling problems. I dont see here where I can spell check?

At a little over 14' in overall lenght, the boat is small enough to single hand without moving control lines off the mast. When you sail by youself, you should be sitting forward with the jib car right next to you if you are sitting on the rail. Steer with the tiller extension in one hand, main sheet in the other hand and jib sheets in your lap. I tie the ends of the jib sheets to one another making a sort of continuous sheet for easier tacking and jibing. Other than that, you might want to add a roller furling jib if your boat doesn't already have one.

It does have a roller furling, But I'm ashame to say I never used it, Im not sure how or when. Thanks for ansering me on these Richard, Im going to order the lines now and not have to worry about extending them to the back of the boat. simple and cheaper to. You guys care to post some pictures of your riging lines systems etc? these would help a visual guy like me a ton. Fare Winds........... :eek:

In the same boat

I to am new to the fun sport of daysailing. I had a question on the bungie cord that runs from port to starboard in the front of the boat. Where does it go and what does it do. I think it might attach to the top of the keel when fully retracked. I was going to post this myself but can not figure out how to post for myself. Any help would be great. I have been watching this forum for about a month and leard alot already.
Thanks a Bunch

Mark :)

Hey Mark, these is how I go about posting a new thread. I first go to The C14forum. these is on top by home and by User CP. then I click on Capri/Catalina 14 Talk. these is right on top of the Classified Ads. Then all you do is Click on New Thread. Hope this Helps Mark. Fare Winds :cool:

Bungee cord

Mark - The port to stb. bungee cord is to hold up the hiking straps - to make it easier to slip your feet under them.

Back