Seitech questions: lock, pad, rebate

CTFish

Just assembled my seitech dolly -- I'm very impressed with the build quality. I have maybe 2000' to move the boat and then some sand, so I'm fine with the dolly investment. My questions:

I'll be storing the boat outside. Do you all have any ideas on a good way to lock it and the dolly? A cable through the daggerboard slot? The dolly comes apart, so I'm stumped on how to secure it. Some loops of cord?

Has anyone bought the Tune-a-Fish kit recently? I read somewhere that there was a rebate form in there for seitech -- is that true?

Finally, I may have assembled it oddly. The boat rests on the strap and the bow-handle-edge, but not on the rubber v-block -- it's in fact several inches from this block. Did I put this together wrong? Can someone snap a photo of their sunfish on a seitech for me?

Thanks! Should sail it this weekend, or tomorrow evening if I get anzy.

Pretty sure the Seitech rubber v-block was designed for carrying a boat other than a Sunfish. After realizing that there was no way the boat could EVER come into contact with it, I took the block off the dolly.

As for locking the dolly, I'd consider drilling cable-sized holes through the frame, or mounting cable sized eye-brackets to it. I seem to remember that a padlock hasp is just small enough to hook through one of the rudder gudgeons.

Kevin

CTFish said:
Finally, I may have assembled it oddly. The boat rests on the strap and the bow-handle-edge, but not on the rubber v-block -- it's in fact several inches from this block. Did I put this together wrong? Can someone snap a photo of their sunfish on a seitech for me?

My rubber v-block slides on the bar. I know this because I've painted around that area of my dolly and it has moved since then. I have to wonder if the rubber v-block is to protect the boat when you slide the sunfish on the dolly in the water.

Back