Sail tear

barnmom

Just found a tiny less than half inch tear in my sail. We put waterproof electrical tape on both sides as a temporary fix. Advice please: should I leave it alone or is there a better method to save sail?

I have had holes in sails and used sail repair tape to fix them. Available from sailright.

Just found a tiny less than half inch tear in my sail. We put waterproof electrical tape on both sides as a temporary fix. Advice please: should I leave it alone or is there a better method to save sail?
What color is the sail section with the hole? I have a few yards of insignia in blue, yellow, green, red, black and white. I’d be happy to send you a couple of patches for free

That is the kindest offer I’ve heard. Thank you so much. But I did order some transparent tape from Sailrite as the previous poster suggested. My sail is blue and pink. Again, so grateful for your offer!!!

That is the kindest offer I’ve heard. Thank you so much. But I did order some transparent tape from Sailrite as the previous poster suggested. My sail is blue and pink. Again, so grateful for your offer!!!
My pleasure. This is a very friendly place :)

Back