Rudder pins

joanne

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the c-pin on their rudder pin breaking, thus causing the pin to slip out of the assembly? It has happened on our new boat from last year's worlds and also a brand new rudder my husband bought for his boat, as well as a friend's new rudder.

Sounds an awful lot like Vanguard got a shipment of C-clips that were flawed. You and your friend might contact Laser Performance and see what they know and if they will be of any help. The clips should be available from the Sunfish dealer too and should be cheap. If not, most any hardware store or auto parts store will carry such clips.

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the c-pin on their rudder pin breaking, thus causing the pin to slip out of the assembly? It has happened on our new boat from last year's worlds and also a brand new rudder my husband bought for his boat, as well as a friend's new rudder.

These are all warranty issues. You should contact the dealer who sold you these and they will replace them. The new boat warranty is 2 years I think. Not sure about parts, but must be at least a year. You should ask the dealer to notify Laser Performance about the problem. BB

The replacement pin that I got had both the c-clip groove and a cotter pin hole. The clip looked a bit thin so I went with the SS cotter pin only and have had no problems.

Back