Prices for Used "Fish" Boats

callerguy

Cush Maker
Hi all.

I'm trying to justify my new "fleet" to my wife. I recently bought a sailfish, minifish, and sunfish (from three different families) for a total of $140. (I think that Martha's Vineyard must be the "fish" graveyard. There are so many just sitting around in yards.) The sailfish has a sunfish sail (no wonder it is so lively!) It is in very good condition. The sailfish and sunfish have old style rudders. I have no clue when they were built. The sunfish has a sail with a "jolly roger" on it. It is is decent shape. The minifish is all original except for the sheet and drain plug. I told her that these boats will last forever and will serve our family well as our two teens take up sailing.

I have found a lot of ads for boats for $700 and up. What is real for these boats?

Oh, I'm soooo glad I found this forum. What a great bunch of sailors!

John

P.S. I'm taking one of the hulls and the jolly roger sail to the Tabernacle (on Martha's Vineyard) tonight as we show an Errol (sp?) Flynn pirate movie. I think it might help draw a crowd to the movie.

John, congrats on the boats. I absolutely have to look on the Vineyard myself. I live in Cotuit, so it really is no big deal to come over. Drop me a note if you run across another sunfish.

By the way, if you follow the new Cape Cod board on Craigslist, under "free" is a guy on Nantucket giving away two sailfish hulls...has sails but no spars. I'm a little too well-proportioned (lol) for a sailfish, myself. Maybe someone on this board will give them a home.

Enjoy the movie...weather is supposed to swing northwest and clear.
Jim

Back