Class Politics possible rules changes

R

Ross B

as you guys know, I have some rules changes in mind, I want to get the small stuff out of way first:

Boom Preventers "JC Strap"
Two loops for hiking strap
Sleeve for Top Section
Kinetics
Any kind of blocks for mainsheet

and the bigger rules change, which is still a battle, but would be handled after all the other stuff:

some how make sails cheaper

Some come on guys, lets hear what you have to say! Lets make this a movement! Do you have anything to add to the list?

I think the sails cheaper part can be easily and readily addressed- it's already been discussed. I'd go for that first, not last.
I personally don't have a problem with the plastic blocks. I'm still using the original blocks on a '76 boat, and they work mostly to my satisfaction. I don't think fancy harkens would give me much of an advantage.
Everything else, I'd say go for it.
Read up on the potential that kinetics have though.

some one just asked me to put down the blocks, i dont have a problem with em, but might as well try

I can't imagine it beeing that hard to lower the prizes on sails.
The ILCA can chose whatever manufacturer they like, they can take any fee they like etc. etc.
It's quite easy, just have to tell the manufacturers to lower the prize or switch / lowering the fees =P

the way it works is the sail maker makes em, sells em to Laser, and Laser sells em to a dealer, and in the process they get the magic red button, and get measured.

all of that needs to be cut out, the sailmaker should be able to measure their product, and make it consistent, and attach a red button. and they will be cheaper, hell it should be open to any sailmaker

ive been to events where they measure anyway, so whats the point?

cut out the middle and after man!

but all the extra money goes into the class so......

if your sail was made in the 70's before they brought in the class button are you exempt from having one when racing?

like i said, if it was legal then, it should be legal now, kinda like the whole wood blades thing.

i would be more worried about using a sail from the 70s, im sure you could still find a sail from 90's for cheap lol

right on doggy, if you get out there, thats all that matters

Back