Outhaul connector?

ralfeez

Does anyone know the supplier of the clevis that is used as a connector on the clew for the outhaul? I saw several competitors at the regatta in S.F., CA. this weekend with a clevis for a connector. It wasn't the hook-type like I currently have installed. Who makes it? Ronstan? Harken? Thank you.

Hi Ralph,
what is meant with the word "clevis"?

The hooks to release the outhaul quick are made by Harken and also Holtallen. The hook from Holtallen looks a bit different compared to the hook from Harken.
Ciao
LooserLu

LooserLu said:
Hi Ralph,
what is meant with the word "clevis"?

The hooks to release the outhaul quick are made by Harken and also Holtallen. The hook from Holtallen looks a bit different compared to the hook from Harken.
Ciao
LooserLu

I guess that in this case it would be referred to as a shackle. I have found an example online but I am not sure of the size. This link shows some Ronstan shackles on the top of the page which are similar to the ones that I saw being used:
http://www.sailingsupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=2822&Category_Code=Ronstan
thankyou,
Ralph

That link that Ralph has there is exactly what I have. With a Harken 404 minin block on it, it works great.

Back