• Please be alert for scammers offering shipped items. Just like any internet purchase, please use caution and be sure to verify identies. Phone calls are strongly recommended along with using payment methods offering protection for shipped items. Never use VENMO or Pay Pal Friends and Family for shipped goods. Also, please look out for users linking to an existing thread but providing a different email address to contact the original poster.

For Sale Older (1991?) Nationals 470 for sale, Seattle, decent sails and trailer

slochner

Price $
State
WASHINGTON
City
Seattle
IMG_4065.jpeg
IMG_4073.jpeg
IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4075.jpeg
Older boat which competed in 470 Worlds. Top end hardware and blades and 2 sets of sails (main, jib and spinnakers), one North set barely used. Set up for trapezes. Old weather beaten full cover included. Trailer is not too pretty but registered.
Not a project boat- she’s ready to go, though there are some bumps and bruises and endless fiddling to do with rigging if you want.
Last sailed in Duck Dodges last summer.
I rigged the boat in my driveway for photos- jib halyard not set so mast is raked aft and control lines not rigged.

Yeah, built in July 1991 by Vanguard. Which is interesting, as I have been under the impression that they quit building 470s when they moved from Wisconsin to Rhode Island in 1986. Thank you for this information!

The Worlds in which CAN 549 sailed were held in 1995, at the RCYC in Toronto. (My father was a judge there, and I still have two huge Upper Canada beer mugs with the regatta logo :D )

_

Back