Name for the boom's plastic collar that meets the mast pin?

Darryl Whetter

New Member
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience with my admittedly ignorant questions. What are the names for:
1. that kind of cylindrical pin on the Laser's mast onto which one fits the boom, and
2. the kind of white plastic collar at the end of the boom that slides onto said pin?

I guess we call it gooseneck pin and gooseneck plug? I don’t know how else we’d call it
At least if you google it this way you’ll find it for sure
1. The gooseneck. Applies to the complete fitting, so you can call the pin a "gooseneck pin" if you want to be specific.
2. Forward boom plug. Or just forward plug. Or just boom plug.

Keep those questions coming :D