Moving to New Haven, CT with a new Sunfish

NYPostSupr

Hello!

I'm the proud owner of a new Sunfish Race that I'll be picking up this weekend. I've just moved to New Haven, CT, and will be living there from now until the late spring of 2016 (short term move for fiance's job). I thought I would have no problem finding a place to keep the boat between Milford, New Haven, and Branford, but it's turning out to be quite a challenge. Does anyone know any locations within a 20-30 minute drive that have racks/dinghy dock, or simply a place that I can keep the boat on its dolly? I don't expect this to be free, but didn't expect it to be difficult either, coming from Long Island where this was easy when I owned a Laser.

Does anybody know of any marinas in the area that could store it?

Thanks!

Adam

New Haven Yacht Club is on the Harbor in "Morris Cove" part of town (out by the light house). They have storage space and I am sure they will let you keep your boat there for a short term period without joining or making full payment.

Next good choice is to contact Kelsey's Marina - it is on the Farm RIver on the Branford side of the river from East Haven. They would rent you space for the dolly. and it is only a block or two past the Yale Corinthian Yacht Club (it really isnt all that) on Clark Ave.

great area for sailing - the YCYC sails every wed and sat evening

good luck.

Back