mini sunfish questions

neversatisfied

i just got a 1974 mini alcort sunfish. it is like new condition and sailed it today for the first time. i was woundering if they came with a block swivel for the main sheet. mine just has a hook in the cockpit itself. also does anyone know the wieght limit. i am 200 lbs and would like to use it with my kids. it seems a little tight for myself and another small person. thanks.

A block swivel for the main sheet is a owner installed accessory.

I think the buoyancy safety capacity for the Mini is 300# or 1 to 2 people provided their combined weight doesn't exceed the limit. Head count is just a way to do rough estimations since water patrols and boaters alike find it an imposition to return to the dock and check everybody at the gamefish scale. :eek: Buoyancy capability has nothing what so ever to do with comfort either. That's entirely up to the captain and crew to work out. :rolleyes:

thanks dan! i quess i will have to get somethimg bigger for my wife and myself unless i lose 20 lbs but thats unlikely. my kids shou;ld enjoy the mini.

I know just what you mean. We eventually ended up with a fleet - one boat (Sunfish) for each of us.

Back