McLube vs. Teflon

macwas16

Hi,

I was wondering what everyone perfers for keeping your hulls slick. Are there many differences and bennifits between McLube and Teflon? I'm open to anything...

I have formulated a nice product it is a mixture of west marine teflon boat polish and mclube. of course the actual ratios are top secret!!

Glenn of Wrightsville Beach, D-12!

Have you heard of "One Australia"?

SG

PS. Apologies to all subscribers for this attempt to reply likewise.
PPS. How many "ratios" do you have, Glenn?

what is a good brand of Teflon to use on your hull?

I have been trying to fond other stuff but the only thing I can find is the Starbrite stuff, anything else out there that may be even better?

and is the polish/teflon from starbrite good at all?

Can't say that I have heard of One Australia, wasn't that a failed AC attempt or were they the ones who won it back in the 80's? Anyway yes I do have different versions based on how much I want to spend. For instance, if you transfer your mclube to a clear cylinder and evaporate off the solvents you are left with a higher concentration of teflon. Kids don't try this at home!! The highest strength teflon I have found is by buying teflon pipe and melting it onto my hull and blades, but then you have to worry about the rules and building up your hull and all that stuff. Yes sir that baby won't even sit on the dolly, the beach or even the parking lot. She will find the lowest spot and slide right to it.
G of WB

personially it doesn't really bother me because i dont think it makes a difference but if you think it is a big factor to your sailing do it by all means the mental strength that it is giving you will definently make you go faster!

Back