Laser Hull Damage

Tillyardj

Hello
Hope someone can lead me in the right direction with this one, I have some damage at the bow of my boat and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to repair this, if it the cut it away and rebuild it or get the bad material out and seal it as best as I can then lay fibre glass over the damaged and surrounding area.
Also the boat boat number is 161584 so I read the year of the boat is 1997 and was wondering what colour gell coat is it?
View attachment 28639View attachment 28640

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

the boat boat number is 161584 so I read the year of the boat is 1997 and was wondering what colour gell coat is it?
Performance Sailcraft Europe (assuming that is who built a Laser in Scotland) had different choices for the topside colour at the time, but if it's the boat in your profile picture, then it's the same "dawn grey" as the deck. This is it: Laser Gelcoat Dawn Grey 125ml - Polyester Resin, Fillers & Powders - Polyester Resin, Fillers & Powders - Resins, Paints and Refinishing - Chandlery | Dinghy Sailing at sailboats.co.uk. Of course, the actual colour of the hull may have changed during the past 20 years, but it's probably still close enough.

_

Back