Repair Laser cockpit drainer & hull bottom end (bailer) connection..

alfacharlie

Hello sailors, I'm Gerry, I just bought a new-old Laser : have the cockpit drainer hole deliberately shuted with resin paste (..couldn't figure out why) THE same at the opposite end at hull bottom (no bailer there).

I'd want to reopen and place bailer BUT I'd want not to make damages so I'd need to know what's there between these two holes, what "links" this holes?..
There have to be some sort of tube.. how that is?.. cheers lads.
20240603_202120.jpg

Hi Gerry,

the cockpit and the bottom should be connected at that point with this: Negrinautica
There’s nothing else there that would link the holes. The skins may touch one another, or there may be a small gap.

Remove everything that’s currently in the hole, clean it, apply some silicone or equivalent, and install the bushing. The bailer has its own installation instructions included.

How old is your boat, what sail/hull number?

_

Hey LaLi thanks for the response
There’s nothing else there that would link the holes. The skins may touch one another, or there may be a small gap
Ok ok but HOW a "small gap" between these holes might not be important man?.. gap means: water going by the cockpit drainer may end up inside the hull!.. no "gap" possible there.. there must be a waterproof link between cockpit drainer & bottom end bushes..
Pls repropose

No problem, the brass bushing itself + a bit of sealant is the waterproof link.

Start by removing the white material from the hole; the black tube may be original and actually adequately functional (stays in place, doesn’t leak, and takes the standard rubber bung).

I’m sure Diego Negri himself (of Negrinautica) can help you more if you prefer it in Italian :)

_

Back