Lake Lewisville, Pier 121 - Lewisville, Texas

Wildbank

I am new to Laser Sailing and was curious if any of you sail on Lake Lewisville (Lewisville, Texas). I would like to connect with folks in the Laser community out here. I put in at Pier 121.

Lots of Laser sailing in D/FW, but you need to be willing to travel around to the various lakes. Invest in a trailer with a good set of bearings if you don't have one.

Yeah, unfortunately Pier 121 may be one of the most sailing unfriendly & dangerous places to put in on Lewisville (imho). One option is DCYC on the north shore. Fewer knuckleheads in power boats on that end of the lake & the club is friendly & there a few laser sailors there (I am one) though I keep my boat on White Rock. The fleet there is growing, fun & has good sailors. There is a Laser Regatta this weekend. Join us. It will be a good time. Go to: http://www.cscsailing.org/laser_entry_form_2007.html if you are interested. PM me if you like & I can hook you up with a little more info & phone numbers.

cheers

When I lived in D/FW a few years back, I probably sailed on every lake in the area except Lewisville. I just heard too many stories about drunks in powerboats.

Sometime, after your lake goes back down, I am coming up there to haul out a Catalina 25, bring it to my shop, do some work, and then deliver it to Port Aransas.

When I actually have a date for the trip I will send a note.

Maybe you can sail back and forth in the harbor where we haul the boat and make fun of us for working on a stupid thing with lead hanging from its bottom

Thanks for the response. I am in Boston this weekend so I will miss the event at White Rock. I do not have a trailer at the moment (just a dolly). I would like to make my ut to White Rock to meet some folks, swap stories and to learn a bit. This is a great community we have online.

Thanks Gouvernail. I would appreciate ti if you would drop a note wen you are out this way. Lewisville can be dangerous. I boat when most others are off the lake to lessen the risk. Iw ill check out the north shore too.

Back