I love my venturi bailer: and other things that

Chainsaw

Brmmm Brmmm
make you go BAAAAAAH!!*

or more likely use other words like I did this afternoon. :mad:

The bailer on the laser is the stupidest fixing on the whole boat. I thought I had trained myself to check it was closed before launching, but no. Exercising my philosphy of better out than in, I cursed everyone associated with the laser bailer system, while cleverly excluding my own idiocy from the list.

It was a cold autumn afternoon, but my words warmed the corner of the bay so you wouldn't know it wasn't the hieght of summer.

Is there any reason that two 8mm o-rings and a chiplette of plastic is worth 60 clams? Or a complete kit should be worth $110?

Put that on your list of things to change Ross. Someone needs to design a bailer that is idiot proof.

What about a through transom drain instead? No added drag, faster drainage ...and almost no chance of it happening.

*original word removed to protect 4.7 owners.

I hear ya son, its an over priced POS, like most things...

and yea, it could be MUCH better, I like the through hull-stern style of Finns/Europe's/ 5o5, but unless the boat is full, they aren't that great

you can use the brass bushing by itself, but then you get all the drag of having a cavity, which, might not be a bad trade off...

they should just use an Elvestrom Autobailer, sunk into the cockpit floor more than it all ready is, that would be seeeexy

they can make it out of plastic,( which there are) so everyone doesn't whine that they get cut up cus its metal

they why would you buy it??

more builders? cheaper price? I think so!!

its just a freakin piece of plastic, it shouldn't cost so much

a toy company could pump it out for $20

The class legal repair kit is only about US$20 and the full bailer is about US$60. The real crime is the class legal O-ring kit is about $8.75 for a 4-pack! That should be our rallying cry for the revolution: "No $2.19 rubber o-rings that should really cost a cent or so. . . !" Catchy, huh?

It's the razor/razor blade pricing model that keeps the manufacturer and distributors in business. And how many replacement bailers do you really think people would buy even if the price was dirt cheap? It can't possibly be that big of a market.

Or consider how many of us on this forum buy bottled water at $4+ a gallon or cups of coffee at almost $20 a gallon or Red Bull at $30 a gallon and don't even bat an eye! That stuff doesn't cost anywhere near that price to make. So what, are you guys commies or something? You should be happy to pay these prices, in fact you should pay extra to show your support for our great capitalist system and keeping Lasers great. If you don't then the terrorists win.

ummmm its circular, round, black, small........ arent they all?

I guess I'm a commie...Anyways, I get well water, so I don't pay for that, and I sure as hell don't drink Red Bull or Coffee, so I'm not wasting my money on those. And actually Ross, some o-rings come in clear! :p

TC

oh snap they come in clear!!!!!!

since they don't have to add colour, that means they weigh less, thats a .02 speed advantage!!

Is there a way we can make that $11 kit shown above legal? I'm aware that class changes take a long time for the Laser but hey, you never know.

Look at rule 26a; it allows variations from the original when making repairs as long as 'the essential shape, characteristics or function ( of the fitting i.e. bailer) are not affected'

I believe that the springs satisfy this rule.

SG

Back