Hiking under the grab rail when roll tacking?

thieuster

Buenos Aires! Where Dutch Nacra 15 sailors -and also my son's friends Bjarne and Laila- won the Youth Olympics' Bronze Medal earlier today! Rooting for those two all day long!

Menno

(... and - I'm drifting away here- Argentina is one of the countries I would like to visit: Near the tropics in the North, nearly with your feet on the South Pole in the south! Brilliant)

thieuster

It has (had) to do with the moment he goes under the boom and stretches out again. There's a hiccup somewhere. I re-watched it myself and my inexpert eye thinks that it has to do with his length as well.

Perhaps this can help:

Thread starter #23
2) you'd have to come in from a hiking position for your feet to reach the leeward rail, at which stage you should already be heeling to windward when going into a tack, and
So you feel this could only work in non-hiking conditions?

Buenos Aires! Where Dutch Nacra 15 sailors -and also my son's friends Bjarne and Laila- won the Youth Olympics' Bronze Medal earlier today! Rooting for those two all day long!

Menno

(... and - I'm drifting away here- Argentina is one of the countries I would like to visit: Near the tropics in the North, nearly with your feet on the South Pole in the south! Brilliant)
Congrats to the Dutch team! The Argentines didn't do too badly either ;)

You should definitely visit, now that our currency has fallen more than a 100% in a few months.

LaLi

I think Steve Cockerill is hiking under the grab rail here
Yes, but very briefly (about one second!), and he actually seems to wedge the whole boot between the rail and the floor, so he's not really "hiking". And of course, it's nowhere near hiking conditions.

_

thieuster

If you want to know more about this, just send Steve an email through his company's website. He's virtually always online for answers.

Menno