Good 2 person sailing dinghy

Chris Clark

Hi, having learned to sail on laser picos and Bahias at my local sailing centre, I would like a two handed boat to sail with my brother who also sails. I would mainly sail on lakes but would like a boat we could take onto the Solent occasionally. I have enjoyed my experiences on Bahias but I would like to buy a boat for under £1500 with everything I need (trailers, sails (including a spinnaker), trapeze wires (if applicable), etc.)
http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk/listings.phtml?cid=106&sti=50 the laser 2 looks good value but I am worried about getting spare parts (since it is no longer being sold new). Could you suggest any boats with links to websites with people in England (preferably from the south east) selling them if possible.

if you want to stay in your budget then the laser II is a good boat for you, the fact that it is no longer made should really not be an issue

420s are tanks, pretty good for cruising and can take a beating. L2s are more high performance and not as durable. Both great boats to sail.

Back