Fleets in MA

swaterhouse

I live in central Massachusetts and haven't sailed a laser for almost 10 years. I never raced formally but want to get into it. Where are there active fleets in the New England area? I tried going to the district site but there is almost no info there. I would prefer to sail in the buzzards bay area but anywhere would be fine with me.

Welcome back to Lasering, Scott.

I'm sure you'll enjoy some competitive racing. The Laserites in MA are a great bunch of guys.

Oh! Please do sign your mail so that we don't have to waste time checking the Members directory to figure out how to address you.

For the Laser fleets in MA (or anywhere else in North America), just go to the "drLaser" web site. Click on "Where to Sail?" Use the maps to navigate to MA, and get all the info you need. There are 8 fleets in the Boston Metropolitan area, and 7 fleets in Cape-Cod area. 6 more fleets in NH and further North.

You are correct. Neither the Class website, nor the Class magazine, nor the District 7 "website" have any fleet-specific info anymore. Hopefully that will change. The only resource remaining is "drLaser", and the information there is partially outdated, since many club/fleet officers (with some exceptions) do not bother to update their data unless I push them.

Shevy Gunter
Editor, drLaser
http://www.drLaser.org

swaterhouse said:
I live in central Massachusetts and haven't sailed a laser for almost 10 years. I never raced formally but want to get into it. Where are there active fleets in the New England area? I tried going to the district site but there is almost no info there. I would prefer to sail in the buzzards bay area but anywhere would be fine with me.

We have a relatively new active fleet in Newburyport, MA. We have a Sunday series and an evening series. We sail around the tides and have about 12 Sunday race days and 6 to 8 evening races. We are listed in the drLaser site under "Where to Sail." E-mail me at the address listed there and I will sent you a tentative schedule for this year.

Hey Al and welcome to the forum!

This is MacKenzie Wasson...the only junior sailor who did the Mayor's cup these last two years. Just wanted to say hi because it's good to finally see some familiar faces on this forum! I'll probobly be needing that schedule also so you should recieve an e-mail from me soon.

Cheers!

Back