First Sail of the 2017 Season

I would only do this in April in the Northeast if I was wearing a full wet suit or dry suit. The sun is warm and the breeze is mild but the water can be killer cold (learned from many years of kayaking Spring runoff).

L&VW

There are risks. :( The ice is also out on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire, but the water temperature is 40°F. :confused:

I got some sailing in yesterday for the second time this Spring. Here, it's a Florida lake, so I was able to move away from the rain showers as they formed above me. :cool: While I scanned the shorelines for Sandhill Cranes and alligators, I recalled the occasion last Autumn, when a large Brahma bull browsing near the lake stopped his chewing and gave me a look that said, "Any closer, and I'll chase you down". :eek:

Thread starter #5
Agree that it is very early and the water is very cold.
Winds were mild 2-6 mph, and I made sure I loosed the main before every comeabout.
I was NOT going over.

"There is a world of difference between not meaning to do something, and meaning not to do something."

LMAC

Agree that it is very early and the water is very cold.
Winds were mild 2-6 mph, and I made sure I loosed the main before every comeabout.
I was NOT going over.

"There is a world of difference between not meaning to do something, and meaning not to do something."
Stache, I was referred to you to ask about a Minifish sail and mast/spars...do you have a set or know someone who does? I have a Minifish with Sunfish mast/spar/boom...no sail....I could go the route of sawing up the pipes, but wondered if you might know a source for the Minifish gear? Thanks in advance for your reply!
Cheers,
Laura

Thread starter #7
Stache, I was referred to you to ask about a Minifish sail and mast/spars...do you have a set or know someone who does? I have a Minifish with Sunfish mast/spar/boom...no sail....I could go the route of sawing up the pipes, but wondered if you might know a source for the Minifish gear? Thanks in advance for your reply!
Cheers,
Laura
I did have the name and number for a guy up in North Sandwich, NH who has a barn full of old fish parts. Let me try to find it.