Experience with Sunfish Dolley for sandy beach?

slfeder

We have been dragging our sunfishes up on a sandy beach for years. I am thinking of ordering a Dolley when I purchase a new sunfish. Does anyone have experience using these on a sand beach? Are they worthwhile overall? Any opinions based on experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

We have been dragging our sunfishes up on a sandy beach for years. I am thinking of ordering a Dolley when I purchase a new sunfish. Does anyone have experience using these on a sand beach? Are they worthwhile overall? Any opinions based on experience would be appreciated. Thank you.
I’ve pulled one across a Sandy beach with a Dynamic Dolly with the standard wheels with no problems.

You deserve a dolly. Your boat deserves a dolly. We have 6 Dynamic Dollies and they work great on sandy beaches. For softer sand you can reduce the tire pressure to 10 pounds. For super soft sand there are larger footprint tires available.

IMG_6663.jpg

I just got a Dynamic dolly along with a new to me Sunfish. It has the large wheels and tires, and works well on sand that isn’t too loose. Even if the sand IS loose it keeps it from sinking in too far. Would I pay $800 for one? Probably not. I’m a cheapskate! But it certainly makes launching and moving my boats a lot easier.

If you order a new Sunfish maybe ask the dealer to discount the boat or the dolly a bit, cover shipping cost maybe. I can't imaging dragging a new Sunfish across a beach, or one that still had a decent bottom.

We are in our early 60s, active, and will always have a dolly. We've had a dolly of one type or another since 2009, and before that always had access to a launch spot where we carried a boat not further than 15-20 feet.

Back