Classic wooden Sunfish needs a new home. Eastern NC / southeast VA

Short Story

I have a classic, early 1960s wooden Sunfish with original mast, booms, dagger board and rudder, and new racing sail. It is looking for a new home. Beautiful boat and fun to sail. Needs someone who has time to give it more love. Convenient to Eastern NC and SE Virginia.

IMG_3248.jpg

Nice boat. Do you have photos or descriptions of the mast and booms? Aluminum? And does she have floor boards?

Nice boat. Do you have photos or descriptions of the mast and booms? Aluminum? And does she have floor boards?
Signal Charlie, thank you for your message. The mast and booms are aluminum. I don't have any floor boards. You might remember that I bought an original rudder pin from you last year. I will attach a photo showing the mast and booms and an old sail that came with the boat, since replaced with a new sail. The boat is currently on Roanoke Island on OBX, and we plan to move it to Onancock, VA on the Eastern Shore (where it originally came from). I made my own deck coaming because they were extraordinarily expensive ($3500) due to no supply during the pandemic.

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpg
    IMG_3032.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22

Back