Centerboard block help

ClewlessWI

Purchased a 14.2 Capri last spring and have need replacing rigging slowly. Hull #356 so must be a mod1. Can someone clue me into a replacement part for the block on the centerboard? Can’t seem to match one up. Replaced all the other Seaway centerboard blocks with Harken. I would take just a block but the yolk??? If that’s what it called could be replace as well if needed.
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 0A1E7F9A-9D23-40F5-A9D1-AF8C2E166DC7.jpeg
    0A1E7F9A-9D23-40F5-A9D1-AF8C2E166DC7.jpeg
    917.8 KB · Views: 67
1. Congrats. I think we are "in the same boat".
2. I wouldn't replace the "yolk" strap.
3. If I needed to replace the strap, I would look for a shackle with the correct opening at the pin to serve the purpose.
Cheers, Karl

1. Congrats. I think we are "in the same boat".
2. I wouldn't replace the "yolk" strap.
3. If I needed to replace the strap, I would look for a shackle with the correct opening at the pin to serve the purpose.
Cheers, Karl
Ok on the strap. But I cannot locate a similar block. A small sheave with a long frame that is wide enough to ride free in the strap is proving to be difficult.

What about something like this shackle: 5mm Large Open Shackle
That ought to work with any small block. Is the 20mm opening wide enough for the CB?
Yes that would fit. .25” dia hole. Then I would just need a block with swivel. Probably do the double shackle that CD sells and move my bungee to that and off the ears of the centerboard with the eye strap.
I think I was overthinking this and needed exact replacements. Would rather spend $25 instead of $50 though.

Back