Bailer question.

Bamafish

Splashin' 'round
My boat is a work in progress (maybe you have read the post on here called "Roadside Find"). I have found that it is a 1970 model, and therefore it has a metal bailer. I have checked a parts dealer (Layline) online and cannot seem to find the ball for this bailer. Do parts exist for this old style bailer or should I just upgrade to a plastic one?

Marty

Just upgrade. The plastic one is no worse than the brass one and it's easier to work with. I assume that you're not trying to make an "authentic" restoration.

LAuman said:
Just upgrade. The plastic one is no worse than the brass one and it's easier to work with. I assume that you're not trying to make an "authentic" restoration.

Exactly, as a matter of fact I want to upgrade anything I can on this old boat. Kind of a good thing, I am starting with a blank sheet (er, uh, hull that is).

Thanks,
Marty

heyyy there, I'm doing the same thing with a hull that I recovered from a nearby pond. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck getting it back together and in the water! Hope you have many great sailing adventures!!

~ Tom

Back