autobailer o-rings

I bought a pair of these, though I bet they aren't legal... :-P

Those look like an awesome idea. I dont think anyone would ever know even if it was illegal. Also I think that since this does not make your Laser go faster it probablly is fine as far as rules go. Just think, never have to take the bailor off ever again.

I mean honestly, our bailer is archaic. I haven't had to change my rings in years, but we can do better than these things. The metal springs seem like a good idea, but I would just change it an Elvestrom bailer, maybe even a plastic one.

I mean honestly, our bailer is archaic. I haven't had to change my rings in years, but we can do better than these things. The metal springs seem like a good idea, but I would just change it an Elvestrom bailer, maybe even a plastic one.

The Elvestroms can break, too. Especially if you forget that it is open, and keep trying to drag your Europe dinghy onto its dolly. :eek: I bent a metal bailer this way, and I had to remove it. I was able to hammer it back into shape and reinstall it. Works fine with no leaks now.

This is true, they also have a tendency to be rather sharp.

But I like for the fact that they let lots of water out very quickly, are simple to use, and have no O-rings, their pretty idiot proof. The plastic one's are good because they are safer; no sharp edges, that is if you're into that sort of thing.

Back