A five pack?

Mama H Chicago

Mother of sailboats
Sorry for my absence of late.. Spent some time in the hospital, but am now back at it, finishing RRD (now dubbed “Woody” by new owner to-be. In parallel, I’ve finally gotten the garage where I’m renting cleared out enough to start creating my wall-of-fish…

Koova Garage Wall Organizer for... Amazon.com

I’m using the above, augmented possibly with extensions. The arms are 30” long, and are supposed to be spaced apart 3/4 of the length of what is being supported. For Sailfish, this works as is, haven’t measured the Sunfish beam at those locations yet.

My question is this; Will the existing garage studs hold a set of five of these? I can stagger each level so only two are on a given stud, but I’m a wee bit afraid I might bring the whole garage crashing down. Would putting in additional 2x4’s or other bracing be necessary?

PS. Still in the process of removing several extremely poorly executed shelves seen in pic below.

Thoughts?
IMG_9135.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I would be leery of using these. Especially when looking at the length of the screws. I'm sure they're fine for a kayak but a Sunfish might have issues since the dry weight is 139 lbs and if there's water in the hull it could easy go much higher.

I understand this problem...I have two Sunfish and a Cyclone 13, here in northern WIsconsin, and want to store them all indoors this winter. Going sailing here today.

I'm not sure. I would be leery of using these. Especially when looking at the length of the screws. I'm sure they're fine for a kayak but a Sunfish might have issues since the dry weight is 139 lbs and if there's water in the hull it could easy go much higher.
I’m definitely switching out the hardware for beefier screws. I see in one of the Amazon reviews where they properly seated 6x6 posts in concrete, then attached to those, with 2x6 boards also tying the two posts together. Maybe something like that would be better. I could put up some sort of roof over it?

Honestly, I’m getting to the point where I’m torn between selling all but one Sunfish and one Sailfish, or splurging on a set of racks from Dynamic :-(.

Sorry for my absence of late.. Spent some time in the hospital, but am now back at it, finishing RRD (now dubbed “Woody” by new owner to-be. In parallel, I’ve finally gotten the garage where I’m renting cleared out enough to start creating my wall-of-fish…

I’m using the above, augmented possibly with extensions. The arms are 30” long, and are supposed to be spaced apart 3/4 of the length of what is being supported. For Sailfish, this works as is, haven’t measured the Sunfish beam at those locations yet.

My question is this; Will the existing garage studs hold a set of five of these? I can stagger each level so only two are on I

My question is this; Will the existing garage studs hold a set of five of these? I can stagger each level so only two are on a given stud, but I’m a wee bit afraid I might bring the whole garage crashing down. Would putting in additional 2x4’s or other bracing be necessary?

PS. Still in the process of removing several extremely poorly executed shelves seen in pic below.

Thoughts?View attachment 56726
There is a pic on Amazon of these being used with what looks to be 6x6 posts set in concrete with two 2x6?stringers at the top. I think they used lag bolts Maybe that would be better than potentially crashing down the landlord’s garage ;-)

On second look - this looks more like 2x6s in the ground. Definitely think I’d do at least 4x4 cemented posts!
IMG_9148.png

Back