Which Sails are the best????

Patti Dinse

I'm wondering what peoples' preferences are in sails (North, Hyde, etc). I'm probably not going to be doing any Laser regattas, just local fleet racing, and am also interested in the Intensity sail. If anyone has experience with this sail or other thoughts I would appreciate it! Thanks, Patti

there is about a $150 difference (I think, can't remember but it was big) between the North and Hyde sail, but they are basically the same, hence one design class

Intensity sails are great, they are MUCH cheaper, and good for club/local fleet racing if the people your racing with are cool with it, because they are not class legal, I would go that route

i know its not quite related to topic, but is it normal that the foot of the sail hangs down a bit below the boom ?

kp

Since I race I have been buying once a year a standard North sail. I have been quick with it and have no inttentions of buying the Hyde due to the cost. The sails have to be the same to be class legal.

If I were not a racer I would definately buy the Intensity sail. It is more robust dacron making it last longer and the price is a steal in comparison.

Back