which rig

Downwind demom

Help me guys i need help i weigh 69 kgs and i sail a bit of radial and full rig inthe full rig i go very fast in the light but i struggle in any wind over 15 knots, the radial is the opposite. If any of you guys are under 70kgs and sail full rig i would like to here from you

i weigh 60kg, i go well in about 5-8 knots in the full rig, thats when i can keep up with a tasar & 470, above that i start getting overpowered, but it is fun when i go downwind. it is hard work for me in 15 knots with the full rig.

Downwind demom said:
Help me guys i need help i weigh 69 kgs and i sail a bit of radial and full rig inthe full rig i go very fast in the light but i struggle in any wind over 15 knots, the radial is the opposite. If any of you guys are under 70kgs and sail full rig i would like to here from you

im about 68. yeah it is hard in anything above 15knots hell even at 11 knots im already fully hiked out. but thats the fun part about laser sailing isnt it?
it also depends on the weather you get rite... i mean if you usually get wind above 15 knots in your region then maybe u would want to use a radial
but i believe that with proper technique and a good rigging system that allows you to depower whenever u need to will enable you to deal with any wind conditions

Back