• 5" laser padded strap

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2 inch padded laser strap

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • kiwi 2.5" strap

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

sailor327

I am looking for a new hiking strap. Right now i have the original hiking strap which is not padded. I noticed today that it was coming unsewn so i am looking for a new strap. I am looking for a comfortable strap that is easy to use with or without boots and that won't tear up my feet when i don't wear boots.

pots of store bought straps are great. I have had the s=Seitech on my boat for the last few years...Peter used my boat and left the strap.
Harbpor Freight has a 2 1/2' by 20' car towing strap with two huge sewn end loops for about $20. I cut two really nice straps from one of those two straps. Our fleet loaner boat has a strap made from one end of that and I installed the other end on a boat I refurbished a few years ago.
The huge end loop is so stiff the hiking strap adjustment line and shock cord can each run freely.
The strap itself is soft enough for the tops of my bare feet.
The price is easy on my wallet.
My next boat will probably have one of my homemade Harbor Freight straps.

I can never tell which I like better. Smaller straps to really lock your feet/ankles around, or the larger ones that are softer.

The 5" straps seem perhaps a little harder to just dash your feet underneath from tack to tack, but that could just be perception.

Back