Where to buy gear

mommymoppet

I am in need of some cold weather sailing gear - gloves, layers, etc. I have been to the many websites I've read about here but frankly, I'd prefer the hassle of traveling to a store to the pain of returning stuff that doesn't fit/isn't comfortable, etc.

What I'm looking for is a recommendation of some shops with good selections. I'm in Albany, NY. Stores in NYC/Long Island (not too far east) and Philadelphia would be reasonable as I find myself in those places some. Towards Boston isn't out of the question either. Or even NJ (but not too south) would be okay, too.

Thank you for your suggestions.

If you can venture down to N.J. Colie sails in Point Pleasant is great, and the people
are great to deal with. I have ordered gloves and outerwear from Intensity the sizing
charts are good great people to to deal with and fast.

Not having a boat shop nearby I've had to do all of my gear purchases over the internet. Having just "re-vamped" my apparel package I have to say that it was not as difficult as I expected. I used APS for everything and spent a lot of time researching my gear choices over their web page and the APS catalog. I only had to do a return on one item because I used the wrong item number on my order. The size charts are right on. Everything was in stock and delivered to me within 3 days.

I am in need of some cold weather sailing gear - gloves, layers, etc. I have been to the many websites I've read about here but frankly, I'd prefer the hassle of traveling to a store to the pain of returning stuff that doesn't fit/isn't comfortable, etc.

What I'm looking for is a recommendation of some shops with good selections. I'm in Albany, NY. Stores in NYC/Long Island (not too far east) and Philadelphia would be reasonable as I find myself in those places some. Towards Boston isn't out of the question either. Or even NJ (but not too south) would be okay, too.

Thank you for your suggestions.

If you want to go near Philly, Moorehouse Sailmakers is in South Jersey, maybe 30 minutes out of Philly.

Team one Newport has a hood selection and does Alot of mail order

Intensity sails is a site sponsor and very friendly.

Back