What to wear and where to get it

WPB Sailor

My new boat is coming in a couple of weeks and I need to assemble some gear - gloves clothes and the like. I haven't raced a laser since the nineties (will be doing mostly club rcing and day sailing) and back then it was a simple affair shorts and t shirts. Nowday I see pictures of laser sailors and it looks pretty ridiculous - everyone's covered up in what looks like spandex (not for me....)

Anyway I assume I'l want at the very least Hiking shorts and maybe a Rash? shirt. Where do you guy get it? Assume not at West Marine?? I want to be able to try it on rather than order by mail if possible...

Your local Laser dealer should have a some hikers you can try on - You can also search the threads here on the specifics of the various brands (SEA, Magic Marine, Rooster etc)

If you can't find a local supply of hikers, post your wt and size and you'll get some responses from people of what works for them and with that info you can mail/online order them

Rash shirt is nothing special - if I'm correct on the WPB designation, you can walk into any surf/beach shop and find something or even some of the technical shirts at the local Dicks or SportsAuthority. Only other item that can come in handy would be a spray top, again local Laser dealer should have them

Thanks - anyone know of a laser dealership close to WPB? I googled but the new laser performance web site isn't up yet...

APSLTD.com

go and they will hook you up with everything you will ever need

Back