Wetsuits - good deals in USA

Tentmaker
Check out JoeDiverAmerica for some really good prices - I was using Overtons for wetsuits, but Joe blows them away on pricing.

I just sailed in the new 1.0mm full suit that I got for $50.. Wore this under my hikers and a spray top, where I normally would be in a drysuit. This suit is not titianum lined, but it is very flexible and the built in knee pads are actually effective w/o being too thick. I think this and some of the other products they have are good alternatives to the CSkins, Rooster Raceskin and other thin suits that the sailing shops sell

http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/PROD/wetmen/494212

Here's their main wetsuit page
http://www.joediveramerica.com/page/JDA/CTGY/wetmen

Service/Shipping was good too, 5 bucks via US Priority Mail (a really cheap fast way to ship from one coast to another usually 2-3 days)

PS It was pointed out that the above post sounded somewhat like an advert. For the record, I am not connected in anyway with the above company, nor do I have any endorsement deals with any other company. I think the only time I got some free gear was dumb luck in a raffle.

I have a 6.5 mill. Body Glove wet suit. It is almost the same, 2-piece, front zipper. I use it SCUBA Diving. The only promblem with it is the zipper is a little hard to zip at first, but once you get used to it it is fine. I don't have a problem with movability, but I use it to dive, not sail.

I don't live in the US but I do have a wetsuit query that I could do with feed back on. The thing is I have a wetsuit with a 'rippled' neoprene external finnish. It has no nylon layer over the body, arms or legs. This sort of 'shark skin' finnish makes for a really sticky wetsuit - it grips any surface like glue. What I'm wondering is could such a wet suit be used for laser sailing? Would I be able to move in and out on the deck?

I've a feeling that this type of wetsuit is only suitable for surfing/windsurfing/diving where you're not required to slide around on a surface as in a sailing boat.

Any thoughts?

Check out Aquaflite.com They can make you a custom wetsuit for a surprisingly small amount of cash. By custom, I mean tailored to fit you and only you. Get a friend to help you measure all your parts and they will make you any configuration or thickness; zipper in front or back; reinforced knees or butt. Great if you are funny loonin' like myself.

Anyone have any experience of sailing a laser in a wetsuit with a 'sharkskin' neoprene finish? Are they too sticky to slide about on the deck in?

I've checked various photographes of laser sailing and haven't seen anyone wearing this type of wetsuit.

Back