Western Long Island laser racing

All of the Long Island racing seems to be going on further out on the Island. If any one is interested I would like to start a week night series here on the West end of the sound. I am the co-director of a local sailing camp here so I have the resources all I need is interest before I bring this idea to higher ups. So if your on the western end of the sound (little neck bay/ Manhasset bay area) and interested in racing let me know.

Gee, we had great conditions Saturday at the D8 championship at Sayville YC. OK, so we had the backdoor cold front mess up Sunday, it was still a fun event.

Good on ya for trying to put something together, but how about joining the traveling show during the summer months? Save the home fleets for spring/fall. US Master champs are in New Bedford this weekend, then the D10 champs the following weekend at Little Egg Harbor. There are are only about 6 "big" east coast events this year - easing scheduling conflicts and presumably ensuring good turnouts at all of them!

Back