wear of the Polilite-sheet while using a 62100-Block

LooserLu

LooserLu
Hi all,
in a technical discussion with other Laserites about using the Rooster Polilite Mainsheet (7 mm diameter) togehter with the Ronstan/Frederiksen 62100 block someone said, there is much wearing to the Polilite.

I got the 62100 and the Polilite only some weeks ago and they where only few in use since then. So, my experiance with that statement about wearing of the Polilite is also few for me. But aft a little test today I could agree, there is really (a few) wearing to see at the surface of my new Polilite-sheet.

Has someone out there experiance with this aspect? Should I now buy a new block (f.e. the Harken Carbo-Ratched-26..) and throw my quite new 62100 (costs here 74 Euro) to the dump? How long will the (not cheap) Polilite work fine, in use with the 62100?

Thanks for some response.
LooserLu

LooserLu said:
Hi all,
in a technical discussion with other Laserites about using the Rooster Polilite Mainsheet (7 mm diameter) togehter with the Ronstan/Frederiksen 62100 block someone said, there is much wearing to the Polilite.

I got the 62100 and the Polilite only some weeks ago and they where only few in use since then. So, my experiance with that statement about wearing of the Polilite is also few for me. But aft a little test today I could agree, there is really (a few) wearing to see at the surface of my new Polilite-sheet.

Has someone out there experiance with this aspect? Should I now buy a new block (f.e. the Harken Carbo-Ratched-26..) and throw my quite new 62100 (costs here 74 Euro) to the dump? How long will the (not cheap) Polilite work fine, in use with the 62100?

Thanks for some response.
LooserLu

Hello Lou,
I happen to be using that exact same set up, I love the 62100 block it works great and I have been using it since Mid-May. I got the block and have been using it, sailing one to two times a week. I'm seeing very little wear on my main sheet (Rooster Polilite 7mm), A little bit of fuzz but nothing even close to drastic wear, basically the sheet is just starting to loose that like new stiffness. The main sheet is just over a year old and maybe has 10-15 times with the new block. If anything changes drastically in regards to main sheet wear I'll let you know.
Take care Lou!
Fishingmickey
178894/150087

Back