Waiting is the hardest part... [w/pics]

WOP31

Hello
So I am unemployed till Monday and already bored out of my skull. Well really I am just waiting to go sailing. So here are some pictures of my boat, she is ready to go and very eager to hit the water.

picture.php

We got a good breeze out of the Northwest about 10mph today, you can see her sail is full and bout to pull her off the trailer in a good gust.

picture.php

And here is Buster, he is very excited about the boat. :cool:

picture.php

Here she is all packed up and ready to go. This is the traveling set up for now. I plan on making some changes to how I pack everything. When I get my second one water worthy, I am going to set them up so that I can flip the second one upside down on top, and have a rig that will separate the two between them. Then the Mast & Spars will have a separate bracket that hold them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At least yours is ready to go, I still have to repaint mine and then I can take it out again.

What's the platform on the back of your boat for? Trolling motor of small outboard?

WOP31 - sweet colors! it looks in pretty great shape! what is the bracket of the back end - did someone use a trolling motor or something on it?

I made a really quick box/frame using 2x material to carry my Sunfish and Super Porpoise at the same time. my only concern (now that someone pointed it out to me) is that maybe I should add a vertical strut from the 2x frame down to the trailer, so the extra weight of the top sailboat doesn't apply too much pressure on the bottom sailboat.

I blogged about it here, as well as posted some info on the Sunfish Forum about it here (includes a few bad pics of the 2x cradle) and here (it's a few comments down).

Here is a picture of what I've done (it's my avatar as well):
doublefishtrailer1.jpg

for a sweet setup for carrying the rudder, daggerboard, spars, etc, check out the picture album SGT Ervin has of his rig: http://www.sunfishforum.com/album.php?albumid=31

cheers, tag

Yeah the owner before me rigged it up with a trolling motor. That is what the bracket is for. Which in turn played hell on the port side of the rudder when he tried to turn to hard :eek:

Tag, Your blog/forum posts have been the inspiration to how I want to set up my trailer when I get the second fish in the water. I have been combing over your pics/posts for a while now. I especially like the bracket that holds the rigging that slides down in the dagger board slot. I will most certainly be incorporating something along those lines in my design.

She is in good shape, but has a nasty leak somewhere on the top side. She is water worthy but I can't leave her out in the rain. When the winds die down later this year I am going to put some more effort into finding the leak. Right now I am putting my spare time into getting my other hull sailable. It is actually in a little better shape.

So I didn't get to get her out today :( But i should be out first thing tomorrow for the majority of the day. Hopefully the wind keeps up, had some nice 14mph winds across the lake today.

Back