Very old lasers

If under the bow eye you not find the sailnumber, look at the transom, between the gudgeons for the rudder. The hull has been painted, so perhaps its difficult to find the sailnumber at the hull.
If the sail is the original sail that came with the boat from the builder (no sail change between the past and now), I would say, the boat was built between 1974-1976. The Maststep has been repaired. 400 (I wouldn't pay 500 Euro) Euro is enough for such a Laser, if the mastep repair is durable. That Laser is definitely for recreational sailing only, in winds below Force 4-5.

Ciao
LooserLu

Wow thats one nasty nasty boat. My advice is to stay well away unless u wanna turn it into a hiking bench

Agree it's nasty.... you can likely find one that age that is not nearly as nasty... The rudder and daggerboard have been replaced else they would be gorgeous pieces of wood (see the grab rails)... the sail is one of the older (original?) Elvstrom sails.... and its likely as soft as a baby blanket...

I wouldn't pay more than $400 US for such a boat, and then only if it came with a trailer. The sail number should be under the bow eye as others have said, my guess is that it's in the low 2000's... Note also that the rudder gudgeons are metal...

Obviously that's the old-style vang, but that particular one isnt original to the boat... the oldest vangs didnt have the open cheeks on the mast block...

IMHO, this person is trying to recoup some cash that they spent on this boat in an ill advised way...

I wouldn't pay more than $400 US for such a boat, and then only if it came with a trailer.

:p I agree, Pez!

I don't think you are going to find anything under the bow eye, as the whole topside looks like it has been coated in a thick layer of resin. Heavy heavy.

It looks like a great beater beach boat that your crazy uncle gave you. Poor little Laser. :(

I wouldn't bother with that one.........the one really good thing about Lasers is that there's plenty of them around at all price points, you might find that you can borrow one (to keep you on the water) whilst you shop around for a better example - good luck

Nigel

Back