Vang quick release

Mr. Natural

Not a fan of split rings, so I am looking for a quick release option for the vang attachment to the mast. Are there any secure options out there?

harken qr pin.jpg
qr pin.jpg

I don't like split rings either, but I have had a Fast Pin disengage from the vang tang twice now. I was unable to fix that myself while on the water and had to go back in. :(
Therefore, back to split ring.

If you are not sailing class events what about a snap shackle or soft shackle?
Not sure I understand what you mean. I have a caribiner for the cunningham, but want an easy way to remove the entire vang from the mast as I dont want to leave it in the boat with my new fancy blueanodized titanium blocks. :D

I will try out the rooster drop nose quick pin. It looks promising.

Not sure I understand what you mean. I have a caribiner for the cunningham, but want an easy way to remove the entire vang from the mast as I dont want to leave it in the boat with my new fancy blueanodized titanium blocks. :D

I will try out the rooster drop nose quick pin. It looks promising.
Drop nose pin might work. I’m not super crazy about how secure they are and you do need to make sure it is somehow fastened to the rigging or it can go swimming like a split ring. Probably wrong application for a soft shackle so you can ignore that suggestion.

A snap shackle is like this:

Back