Trailer

stick

has anyone ordered a trailer from Kittyhawk, unassembled? How difficult was it to assemble? i have a good sense of tools, etc., but is this like a major project or a good saturday thing i could do by myself if i just follow the plans? i'm thinking of buying a stainless model and having it shipped to work. thanks for any feedback.

Hello Stick,
I don't think it will be a problem.... Get a couple of buddies and a cooler full of cold beer and you should be able to knock it out in afternoon no problem. With decent directions it shouldn't be a problem at all...
Regards,
Fishingmickey
150087/181157

It's not hard at all. The first time, you need to go slow and READ all the directions (will save you hassle down the road, I promise)

With basic tools, should take 3-4 hours to do.

If you want any tips, drop a line, I build 'em two at a time and by myself it's about a 3.5 hour job to get both done.

In my peak I could build one in half an hour....just follow directions, pay attention to which side is up on the axles, use the right tools and you should be all set...

It took me a little longer to assemble mine, but I took it easy. That minimized the re-works. Study the instructions closely, the photos in particular.

One suggestion I got from Ken at Nautical America is to have on hand a torque wrench and a 1 5/16" socket. These are used to tighten the nuts that go on the ends of the axle. I also found a large adjustable wrench to be quite useful.

Back