Trailer help

cbioo

Looking for advice on a trailer for my laser. I've narrowed my choices down to either a Kitty Kawk or a Right On.

My concern with the Right On is that the hull will always be resting on the dolly strap. Long term does that have any effect on the shape of the hull?

My concern with the Kitty Hawk is that I have to figure out a way to strap the dolly on top of the hull when trailering the laser. Seems slightly annoying as don't think I'd want to use the trailer as a dolly.

Both options seem to do the trick, wondering what works for other sailors. Thanks.

Place the dolly on upside down on the boat with the handle facing aft. It fits very well, and you can quickly secure it with bungees. And the bow pivot makes transfering between the dolly and trailer a snap.

flip up the gunwale supports on the dolly, this way the boat is resting on the gunwale, thats what I do with my lasers

the strap won't hurt the boat short term, the purpose is for easy launching, long term it will cause deformation so its best to leave the hull on the gunwale supports

flip up the gunwale supports on the dolly, this way the boat is resting on the gunwale, thats what I do with my lasers

the strap won't hurt the boat short term, the purpose is for easy launching, long term it will cause deformation so its best to leave the hull on the gunwale supports

I think Right-On advises people to trailer the boat with the supports down and the boat resting on the strap. The thing to do would be do leave it on the strap while driving, then to flip the supports up once you get home and store the boat that way.

Back